valentines day is approaching us. women everywhere are running around town, trying to get a reservation at the hottest restaurant, scouring the sales rack for a sexy outfit, and rummaging the internet for beauty tutorials teaching them how to do their hair and makeup.
well, here are some of my favorites for V-DAY!
- start with clean, dry skin. apply one pump of beautycounter’s “every day” moisturizer mixed with three drops of their lustro #2 oil. the combination will make a perfect palate for a blemish free canvas.
- use a foundation that matches your skin. it is not uncommon for women o have a “winter” base and a “summer” base due to the fact you are most likely more tan in the summer. *in the winter, bronzer is your BFF! even if you feel pale, use bronzer to give your t zone and cheeks a warm glow
- take a peachy toned blush to create a natural, yet sexy sweep up your cheek. i recommend beautycounter’s “tawny/whisper” blush palate
- apply a semi-smoky eye. i recommend beautycounter’s “fawn/night” eye palate accompanied by their black eye pencil *don’t go too smoky, you want your date to be able to peer into the window to your soul!
- by using a more dramatic lip, you will attract attention to that area, causing your date to stare and want to take your lips on a test drive. *my current obsession is xavier by tom ford
- the last step is to fill in your brows. please don’t neglect your eyebrows. while your eyes are the windows to your soul, your eyebrows are the drapes. and don’t act like we don’t judge peoples drapes! if you feel like you don’t know how to do your own brows, meet anastasia. i recommend the stencils!
- go for a sexy, tousled look.
- start with clean hair *if you are a pro with a blow dryer, blow out your hair creating loose waves. if you’re not a pro, watch the video below!
- spray a small amount of your favorite sea salt spray and a heat protectant
- use my favorite iron, the 3-day bender by drybar
- by sectioning out your hair, create beachy waves by twirling your hair through the rotating barrel
- want a visual, click here for a video by drybar founder, ali webb
- my biggest tip for VDAY, is to leave something to the imagination. what fun is it if you show it all off for EVERYONE to see? keep it classy and show it off to someone you care about
- use ironic texture mixing. my favorite texture combo right now is fur, which is super classic, and leather, which is edgy and chic. by creating a line with your garment selection, your date will be checking you our all night.
- try to use the “pop of color” method on valentines day. it is the perfect time to do a pop of pink or red. i love a pop of pink in a shoe or a bag!
- to top off your outfit, spritz yourself with your sexiest smelling perfume. i recommend trish mcevoy no. 9 sexy OR catherine malandrino style de paris (thanks birch box!)
if you would like some specific recommendations, send me an email! i would love to have a personal consultation.
*i am a senior consultant at Beautycounter. if you have any interest in any of our products or you are interested in joining our company as a consultant, contact me!
X O, CHEERS