there were many winners tonight at the 2015 grammy awards (not really, sam smith pretty much won everything)
if you were watching, you were most likely yawning at the unimpressive set list for this years line up.
MY FAVE ADRENALINE MOMENTS:
- sam smith, who took home more grammys than songs on his album, threw some serious shade at his recent ex by thanking him for breaking his heart so he could win 4 grammys
- kanye gave the crowd a scare when he ran on stage while beck was accepting his award, then quickly ran back off….. *scratches head*
- watching the legends of ac/dc make a wonderful comeback, but also being scared that one of them was going to break a hip
THE WINNERS OF THE NIGHT IN MY BOOK
- RIHANNA– props to you riri boo. not only did you break the mold and teach the world what “standing out” should really mean, you had a killer, historical performance with kanye and paul mccartney. even though the background of your set looked like the background of my 7th grade school pictures, you still killed it.
- KATY PERRY– first of all, can we take note that katy kats hair was purple on the red carpet, black during her performance, then purple again after the stunning song? (how’d she do that?) although i was hoping the left shark would re-surface during her performance (either in the flesh or in the shadow), i was still greatly impressed that she managed to get through her song with out tears.
- TAYLOR SWIFT– tay wins best dressed tonight. her aqua gown matched with the fuchsia heels and the coordinating earrings…. she never goes out of style (ha). i love you taylor swift. i love you.
THE NIGHTS MOST IMPORTANT PERFORMANCE
Not only did Sia give the most important performance of the night, she is one of the most important artists of 2015. we have all been listening to sia’s music for years even if you don’t know it. she has written or produced some of the most important pop songs (other than hers) of the 2000’s including diamonds, wild ones, titanium, perfume, and many many more. she is one of the single most talented singer songwriters. sia has over come addiction and she has seen the pain that celebrity can bring into a life. that is why she choses not to show her face. she wants the audience to focus on the performance art. sia has chosen to make the main focus of her art the music and not herself. and for that, sia, you are the most important artist of 2015 in my books!
comment with your favorite moments from the grammys!!!!!
until next time, cheers!