I’m starting a new reoccurring post, top 10 tuesday.
We started off with the top 10 restaurants in Tuscaloosa on a college budget. I can not tell you how popular that post was. It got over 200 shares on Facebook and people were coming up to me asking if I was Fast Foodie in public places.
I’m hoping we can keep that up since we hit 500 FOLLOWERS ON FACEBOOK TODAY.
Today I got a request for a second top 10 post that I believe many of my followers will find extremely helpful in the next couple of weeks. So, without further ado, TOP 10 FINALS WEEK STUDY FOODS:
- BEEF JERKY– Because who doesn’t love dehydrated meat that is teriyaki flavored?? It also doubles as a dog treat!!! Make sure and throw a little jerky to Spot when you’re done studying, he will appreciate it
- CHEX MIX– Chex Mix is a go to study snack. You can eat handfuls at a time without even realizing. All of a sudden, you look down and you’ve eaten ALL of the Melba Toast…. I mean, what really is Chex Mix without the Melba Toast?
- DELIVERY PIZZA– Pizza, while it is a go to for all occasions, is especially great for studying. First of all, you can have it delivered straight to your couch. Second of all, chances of it being covered under some sort of meal plan is extremely high. I know at Alabama, Domino’s is under our “Dining Dollars” so it is practically free.
- BERRIES(ew)- Now the healthy person comes out in me… Antioxidants are GREAT for your brain. Blueberries are loaded with antioxidants and will help keep your brain ON FLEEK during finals week. *Blueberries do not double as a dog treat. They are extremely poisonous to dogs*
- CANDY– Candy is a personal choice. I prefer something that when you walk out of the library, you can actually feel your teeth rotting. Some people prefer chocolate. It really is up to you. But candy is great for the library because you can just watch the people around you stare at you hoping you will extend a finals week treat, but you never do.
- LUNCHABLE– Lunchable’s are an all around great snack. They are perfect for the library AND they usually come with candy! You will still get that awesome feeling of people in the library looking over your shoulder, jealous as hell that you have the coolest snack around.
- WINE-“Are you nuts??” Well now that you mention it, yes. I am nuts. Speaking from personal experience, wine can create the most interesting nights at the library. Here is a tip from a pro (me): Get some wine. Empty a few mini water bottles. Pour the wine into said bottles. Put the bottles in your backpack. Get a coffee mug. Pour the wine in the mug. VOILA (LET ME KNOW HOW YOUR NIGHT GOES)
- JIMMY JOHN’S– Now that it is the end of 2014, most college campuses have a delivery Jimmy John’s that is open late. And when I say late, I mean 4AM late. Or is that early? Regardless, they will deliver you a kick ass sub FREAKY FAST! They will even deliver it to libraries and sorority houses! HERE IS A JJ SECRET: You can order a whole pickle or they can slice it into halves or fourths for you!
- RAMEN NOODLES– Three words: Quick, Easy, and Affordable. You can always count on Ramen to be there for you when you need them. The hardest part about Ramen is boiling the water. But, if you are like me, you have a kettle that heats the water up quickly and helps the Ramen get in your belly as fast as possible. The sodium will surely get your brain pumping or your heart stopping.
- STARBUCKS– Winter finals calls for a trente PSL double triple shot of espresso and 9,000 grams of sugar to keep you going. While you’re at it, you might as well post up at Starbucks so you can eat, drink, and study there. You’ll be super hipster while so. You can make friends with the barista and they may even give you all the drinks they screw up. After going through the line 60 times, they will be sure to get your name right.
Well, there you go! The second in the top 10 series. If you have a suggestion on a “top 10” topic, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Don’t forget about the giveaway!! You have 7 days left!!!
Until Next Time, Cheers!